Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Menu

Hey Nik,

click to enlarge

Thought I'd get this posted today earlier than usual. We've got a busy day ahead of us. We're picking blueberries this morning and then hitting the beach of Lake Michigan this afternoon! Both brand new experiences for me. I have high hopes for both of them.

This week we've got a couple cook outs to attend, so that makes meal planning easier. I just have to come up with a side dish to take to both of them. They will include several of the same people, so I probably should come up with two options. The husband says Okie Caviar is a 4th of July tradition (I had no idea he felt this way!), so that will be our offering at one of the parties. Our recipe varies a little from that one, but you can't go too wrong. Any suggestion for another side?

One of my favorite Fourth of July traditions is a patriotic breakfast. Remember growing up how that was the only day of the year that all six of us would get on bikes and we'd ride to the neighbor's breakfast? I love that memory. We usually host the breakfast now, so no bike riding for us. But it must be eaten al fresco and must contain lots of berries! Speaking of berries, I better go get ready to pick!

Have a great day!
Deid

PS- I like the link up. Again, I'm linking up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment