Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sewing Machines and Sofas

Hey Deid,

It's kind of a rainy and dreary day, and the mood of our house about matches it. I'm trying to be happy and productive, but my boys have been whining since they woke up. Whiny boys=very grumpy mom. Boodle has been sick with a stomach bug, so I'm trying to be patient. But a stomach bug and a newly potty trained 2 year old, a disaster does make. And the 5 year old, well he just needs a nap.

I've been looking at sewing machines, as mine is officially a piece of junk and needs to go. Mom's been encouraging me to splurged for a "nice" one. While I'm not so sure I need all the niceties, I am confident I will not buy many more machines. As this one should last a very long time. The Bernina store offered me a good price for a floor model, but as it is "basic" I'm still undecided and weighing Mom's advice. I wish sewing machine companies would put their prices online for me to see. Dragging 2 boys to different dealers just to get a feel may be the death of me. Did you know Consumer Reports quit testing sewing machines years ago? How dare they! What am I supposed to do now!? If you or anyone listening in has an opinion on brand or must have features I'd love to hear them.

I planted my flower pots yesterday and every time I look out my kitchen window they make me happy. Hopefully we'll get to plant our garden by the end of the week.

Where do your good ideas come? My come while I'm in the shower. This morning I figured out how to rearrange our apartment to better accommodate your little family while you're here! Really it is brilliant and will include either a day bed or this sofa in our office. I have a vision! Now to convince the hubs this is a good idea.

See you soon
Nik

2 comments:

  1. Is it hard for you both to be so fantastic, amazing, amusing, and great in everthing you do?? I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey so my old stake pres wife works at Bernina teaching classes for new purchases. And I hear it is the only way to go if you are going to splurge. I want a excel spreadsheet with the prices you found when you are all done! If you don't want the floor model, then I might :)

    ReplyDelete