Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Holla Back

Hey Nik,

I like the epistolary twist on the blog. I also happen to love the word "epistolary." Blame it all on reading Ella Minnow Pea and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society in quick succession a few years ago.

I had a great day on Sunday. My first Mother's Day will always be remembered for speaking in church. The girl that spoke before me used the last tissue (and had me crying before I even got to the pulpit). Thankfully I'd thought to stock the diaper bag with a travel pack of tissues. Unfortunately I'd left the diaper bag with the baby, all in trust of the husband. He dug through the diaper bag and found the tissues, and as I got up to speak, tossed them to me from the second row. People think it's good to open with a joke, but we had a whole comedy routine going on. We've played pitcher and catcher together in softball and I think it showed. It was a seamless delivery.

It's hot and humid here in Indiana. It makes me miss Utah with those cool mountain nights. I just went to get the mail and it's clouded over, threatening rain. In the meantime, there is some hot oppressive air out there. Too bad you guys are freezing today. I'd encourage you to visit, but freezing might be better than melting.

Millie Moo got a bath and slathered in lotion last night. I know how you love sweet-smelling babies, so I mugged all over her. Will you write out your boys' initials on their tummies with lotion tonight after baths, just for Aunt Deid? The husband suggested I do it to our baby, but her tummy is pretty small and she's too wiggly.

Speaking of tummies, it sounds like the fun of tummy time is over. Peace out,
Deid

No comments:

Post a Comment