Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Swimming Stockup

My favorite swimming suits come from Land's End. They fit right, they are modest, and they last. Being the tightwad that I am, I won't spend full price for a swimming suit (or anything else, really). After a few years of stalking the Overstocks section of Land's End, I've just about perfected my method.
Now is the time to start looking for this year's swimming suit. In the women's overstock section, check out the swimming suit selection. I appreciate the tools on the left-hand side of the page for the ways they facilitate my bargain shopping. You can sort by color, size, style, etc, which makes things really nice when you're trying to piece together a swimming suit with a somewhat limited selection. I always sort by price, then start looking for tops I like best. Then, I'll search around for matching bottoms. I appreciate that their suits come in tall, while I know that petites better suit other figures. And this might sound weird, but don't be afraid of the mastectomy tops. I have one, and though it's cut a little bit differently than the normal style, it offers more coverage without giving away its true purpose. It's the one I would take to the pool when I knew I'd have nephews grabbing at my neckline!

I usually load up my cart with more swimming suits than a girl would need on a two month Carribean vacation, but then I can weed things down without having to hunt for the piece again. And while I wait for a good sale or promotion (like free shipping), some of the pieces inevitably get sold out. It's all part of the fun of the hunt for me, and when I score a $15 swimming suit, I'm totally okay with it. After hemming and hawing for a few weeks, I usually strike a good sale and buy away. Often, I order a few more than is prudent, since returns are hassle free at my local Sears.

And one more tip: Nikkala is partial to the Land's End men's rashguards. A way for your man to cover up without sinking under the weight of a cotton t-shirt, and without having to drop the cash on a professional rash guard. They are also on sale at this time of year.

Any suits catching your eye? Knowing I'll be sporting a just post-baby body this year, the tummy control options are looking appealing in a way I've never imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment