- Eat a snow cone, popsicle or ice cream cone outside.
- Start a water fight (even if it's just a cup of water thrown on an unsuspecting victim).
- Play at the park.
- Take in a movie matinee.
- Visit a gardener's market—the later in the summer, the more bountiful the harvest!
- Sleep in, then watch cartoons while eating breakfast.
- Thumb through a light, fun read.
- Eat a grilled meal, al fresco.
- Pick fruits or vegetables at a U-Pick farm (find one in your area here).
- Cool off at the library one afternoon.
- Lie on a blanket watching the clouds float by, the leaves blow in the breeze, or the bugs crawl in the grass. Extra points for falling asleep and taking a nap!
- Do a CANNONBALL! at the pool.
- Send a letter to a pen-pal. Even if it's just Grandma!
- Write happy messages with sidewalk chalk or homemade sidewalk paint.
- Go on an evening bike ride.
- Make a mix of your favorite summer songs. Then have a dance party.
Monday, July 29, 2013
16 Low-Cost and Low-Effort Ways to Soak Up Summer
Posted by Deidra at 6:01 AM