Monday, April 18, 2011

DIY Throw Pillow

We grew up in a home that was decorated and redecorated, furniture was rearranged, and putting up Christmas fills a weekend. The whole house decorating business may have been the biggest adjustment our marriage had to make. My husband wasn't raised the same, and frankly he didn't understand why we should spend money on things like throw pillows and lamp shades. It has taken compromise and he has even admitted a few times that he has realized these things make a home and....shhh...he likes the homey feeling decorations bring. But he still isn't over the whole money part of decorations--and we all know a little here and a little there add up to be a lot very quickly.

So when I saw that this pillow costs $88. I knew it wouldn't be coming to live at our house.


Instead, I pulled out some fabric from the stash and yellow embroidery floss and made my own version. It ended up taking about 15 minutes and was basically free. I made the other 2 pillows as well, and the grand total for the 3 pillows was less than 1/4th of what the top one would have cost!

I still think the top pillow is cuter, but for almost $90 in saving I'm very happy with my handmade version!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment