Thursday, January 27, 2011

Serious Business::Valentine's

In our family we exchange Valentines. I send them to my sisters, parents, grandparents, and the in-laws. Valentines must be the bright spot in our after Christmas letdown because we look forward to it. For the past 2 years we have been with a big group over President's Day weekend, which Valentine's Day happened to fall on too, so we've exchanged Valentine's with 50-60 people the last couple years! This year there won't be a big party going on, but Valentine's will still be exchanged. (I'm kind of relieved. With 4 in our family and 50 Valentine's each, that's a grand total of 200 -- elementary school exchanges are going to be cake after that!)

A week ago Deidra emailed me these Valentine's and told me to pull out my Silhouette and "Do it. Do it now."

Not one to back down from a challenge, I did it. It took me a little while to get it all figured out, but I was pleased as punch when it worked!

 I like it so much I cut one out of fuzzy white vinyl and put it on a red block for my front room.

And now there's still 2 1/2 weeks until Valentine's Day....still plenty of time to help the boys make Valentine's too!

Do you give Valentine's or is that for kids?


I also blog on The Crafting Chicks.
Yesterday, I posted chocolate covered Oreo's that Deidra gave last year.
The best recipe for heart shaped brownies.
My first mass produced Valentines.

3 comments:

  1. Why did I give you my one good idea? Oh, my lack of a Silhouette, I remember! They turned out great; good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, you did a great job. We have always sent out Valentine's too. . not to as many people, but we love sending them and getting them. If I didn't love the Christmas card tradition so much I might give it up and just do V-day cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work! now all i need to do is figure out my silhouette.

    ReplyDelete